His Excellency the President addressed the Nation on Sunday, April 19, 2020 on updates to Ghana’s Enhanced Response to the Coronavirus Pandemic.
In view of the above, the Office of the Head of the Local Government Service (OHLGS) wishes to entreat staff of the Service to take note of the following:
(1) Government has taken decision to lift the 3 week old restriction on movement in the GA Metropolitan Area, Kasoa and the Greater Kumasi Metropolis and its contiguous districts effective Monday April 20, 2020
(2) Government has made it clear that lifting the restrictions does not mean we are letting our guard down
(3) All earlier measures announced on Wednesday March 15, 2020 are still very much in force
(4) Therefore, the Service will still enforce the relaxed working hours directive as per our earlier communication to all the RCCs and the MMDAs in accordance with the guidelines from the Public Services Commission (PSC)
(5) The Service will continue to observe all the workplace protocols including social distancing and hygiene protocols
(6) In addition to the existing protocols, as the President advised, all Staff are encouraged to wear a mask wherever we go including offices so as to help us not to contact the virus
(7) In sum, the Head of Service entreats all Staff to adhere to social distancing, personal hygiene practices and the wearing of masks in our offices
(8) All RCCs and MMDAs are entreated to support staff acquire masks for office use as soon as possible.
I wish you all well in these challenging times. This too shall pass.
ING. DR. NANA ATO ARTHUR
HEAD OF SERVICE