The Office of the Head of Local Government Service (OHLGS) is in the process of Upgrading/Converting officers in selected classes who have acquired higher and relevant qualifications.
The attached list contains the details of officers who have been shortlisted for this exercise in their various Regions.
Note: Officers to be interviewed are requested to go along with original and photocopies of their certificates and a copy of their payslips for the interview.
2018 Annual Performance Evaluation Report for Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies.
The Office of the Head of the Local Government Service (OHLGS) in fulfillment of its mandate of ensuring the effective and efficient day-to-day administration of the Local Government Service (LGS) and in accordance with the Local Governance Act of 2016, Act 936 is seeking highly a successful and result-oriented person to fill the following position:
JOB TITLE: DISTRICT CO-ORDINATING DIRECTOR
To provide leadership in the implementation of official policies and
programmes at the local level.
As the administrative head of the Office of the District Assembly and Coordinator of the activities of the Departments of the District Assembly, the successful candidate shall be responsible for the following.
- Promotes effective coordination and institutional relationships among departments of the MMDAs, and other organizations at the Local level;
- Assesses project proposals and contract agreements to ensure compliance with prescribed laws and regulations;
- Assists in the formulation and implementation of new policies;
- Acts as the Secretary to the District Assembly;
- Acts as Advisor to the Metropolitan, Municipal or District Chief Executive;
- Leads in the preparation of all MMDA level plans and programmes;
- Ensures compliance with all national level laws, policies and plans at the local level;
- Ensures the development of the capabilities, skills and knowledge of staff;
- Appraises direct reports; and
- Undertakes any other tasks that may be assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Public Policy, Development Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Public Administration or an equivalent discipline;
- Minimum of Six (6) months relevant working experience as a substantive Director or its analogous grade/rank in the Local Government Service (LGS) as at the time of applying; and
- Membership of a recognized professional body is an added advantage.
The Ideal candidates must also have the following knowledge, and skills mix:
- Public Financial Management
- Leadership and Managerial skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Substantial expertise in Public Sector Management, Project Management and Local Government Administration;
- Excellent analytical skills; and
- Literate in Information & Communications Technology.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants shall submit an application and attach copies of
- Educational/Academic Certificates;
- Continuous Professional Development Certificates;
- Curriculum vitae indicating the addresses of three (3) referees of which one must be professionally-related.
- This vacancy is open to all Directors and analogous grades in the various classes of the Service.
Applications shall be submitted before close of work on Friday, 22nd May, 2020 to:
The Head of Service
Office of the Head of the Local Government Service
Post Office Box MB 396
As part of efforts to develop and co-ordinate the training implementation plans of the Service in accordance with Act 936, the Office of the Head of Local Government Service (OHLGS) has gone through an accreditation process and have subsequently accredited Capacity Building (Training) Providers to work with the Service in implementing their training plans. The OHLGS, RCCs and MMDAs are advised to work with the accredited Consultants for quality assurance purposes and also meeting the provision in Act 936 (52(e)).
Please find the list of accredited Organisations as attached:
The signing of the 2020 Performance Contracts between MMDCEs and their MMDCDs are to take place at the offices of the sixteen (16) Regional Coordinating Councils between 24th – 28th February, 2020.
All MMDCDs are to enquire from their respective RCCs the specific date for signing of their Performance Contract.
The Office of the Head of Local Government Service is in the process of compiling the list of all Deputy Directors and officers in the analogous grades who have served in their current grades for the mandated period of Five (5) years or more and are due for promotion.
Find below attached document for all details
The Office of the Head of the Local Government Service (OHLGS) in fulfillment of its mandate of ensuring the effective and efficient day-to-day administration of the Local Government Service (LGS) and in accordance with the Local Governance Act of 2016, Act 936 is seeking highly a successful and result-oriented person to fill the following position