The Office of the Head of the Local Government Service (OHLGS) in fulfillment of its mandate of ensuring the effective and efficient day-to-day administration of the Local Government Service (LGS) in accordance with the Local Governance Act of 2016, Act 936 is internally seeking highly successful and result-oriented persons to fill the following vacant position:
JOB TITLE: REGIONAL COORDINATING DIRECTOR/CHIEF DIRECTOR
To provide leadership in the implementation of Government Programmes, Policies and Plans in the Region.
- Promotes effective coordination and institutional relationships among MMDAs, RCCs, LGS and other organizations;
- Assesses project proposals and contract agreements to ensure compliance with prescribed laws and regulations;
- Assists in the formulation and implementation of new national policies;
- Acts as Advisor to the Minister, Head of Service and Development Partners;
- Ensures the development of the capabilities, skills and knowledge of staff;
- Appraises direct reports; and
- Undertakes any other tasks that may be assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters degree in Public Policy, Development Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Public Administration or an equivalent discipline;
- Minimum of Five (5) years relevant working experience as a Director or analogous position in the Local Government Service (LGS); and
- Membership of a recognized professional body is an added advantage.
The Ideal candidates must also have the following knowledge, and skills mix:
- Public Financial Management
- Leadership and Managerial skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Substantial expertise in Public Sector Management, Project Management and Local Government Administration;
- Excellent analytical skills; and
- Literacy in Information & Communications Technology.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants shall submit an application and attach copies of 1. Educational Certificates; 2. Continuous Professional Development Certificates; 3. Curriculum vitae indicating the addresses of three (3) referees of which one must be professionally-related; and duly completed staff performance planning, review and appraisal form for 2018 and 2019 respectively.
Applications shall be submitted before close of work on Friday, 31st January, 2020 to:
The Head of Service
Office of the Head of the Local Government Service
Post Office Box MB 396