INTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Office of the Head of the Local Government Service (OHLGS) in fulfillment of its mandate of ensuring the effective and efficient day-to-day administration of the Local Government Service (LGS) in accordance with the Local Governance Act of 2016, Act 936 is internally seeking highly successful and result-oriented persons to fill the following vacant position across the Local Government Service.
POSITION: HEAD OF PHYSICAL PLANNING DEPARTMENT
To lead in the planning, coordination, implementation of physical planning policies and programmes for the sustainable development of cities, towns and villages.
The incumbent will report to the Chief Executive through the Coordinating Director
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Advise the District Assembly on matters relating to development, land use and planning in the district;
• Serves as the secretary to the local Technical Sub-Committee and Statutory Planning Committee of the District Assembly;
• Contribute to the preparation of District Medium Term Development Plans and annual action plans;
• Prepare development plans to serve as framework in guiding the formulation of development policies and decisions and in the design of projects in the District; and
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Human Settlement Planning, Development Planning and Maritime Spatial Planning or other relevant equivalent discipline from a recognized University.
Must be in the professional cadre of the physical planning class
Membership of a relevant professional body would be an added advantages;
The Ideal candidates must also have the following knowledge and skills mix:
Budgeting and Budget control
Leadership and Managerial skills;
Excellent oral and written communication skills;
Good negotiation and interpersonal skills;
Good monitoring and evaluation skills;
General planning organization and supervisory skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants shall submit an application and attach copies of 1. Educational Certificates;
2. Continuous Professional Development Certificates; 3. Curriculum vitae indicating the addresses of three (3) referees of which one must be professionally-related;
Applications shall be submitted before close of work on Friday, 23rd October, 2020 to:
The Head of Service
Office of the Head of the Local Government Service
Post Office Box MB 396